• The Institute highly values its relationships with other educational institutions, as well as industry. Currently the Institute has working relationships with the educational division of YMCA International, Catholic Charities, The Alliance for Multicultural Services, Houston Community College and Interfaith Ministries.
• BEI also works very closely with the Houston Independent School District (HISD), and other community based organizations. In addition, the Institute has close relationships with the Houston Area Safety Contractors Council, the Houston Read Commission, and Texas Workforce Commission. The Institute is a member of the Asia Society, the International Alliance for Learning, the Association of Psychological Type, ACCET, NAFSA, TESOL, SIETAR, and International Connections of Houston.
• The Institute has been involved with professors from the University of Houston and Rice University to conduct research related to refugee affairs. The local Small Business Innovation and Research (SBIR) branch was also consulted during this process.
• Other funding opportunities led to links with the National Resource Center E-newsletter, which is a resource center for agencies and organizations working with grants from the Children’s Compassionate Fund.
• Contacts with the University of Houston, the University of Houston in Clear Lake, the Islamic Institute of Greater Houston, the Cultural Center, the Center for Public Policy and the Immigration Center at the University of Houston were made to address potential cross-cultural awareness projects and programs in the Houston area.